Early Head Start Child Development Specialist Assistant-Center Based
- - Early Head Start
- Kokomo, IN, USA
- Full Time
Hourly wage: To Be Determined
Responsibilities: In partnership with parents, implement a developmentally appropriate center based program, based on the individual needs of assigned children. Provide responsive care giving for assigned children. Insure the safety of the children in assigned group, inspecting indoor and outdoor toys and equipment daily. Abide by program philosophies on parent involvement and parent participation. Encourage parent involvement and parent participation in a variety of ways to include, but not be limited to, face-to-face, telephone and written contacts. Report any health needs of assigned children to the Child Development Specialist. Report any social service or crisis needs of the child or family to the Child Development Specialist. Perform all required documentation and reports and submit in a timely manner. Comply with regulatory health requirements, including: providing documentation of an annual physical within 30 days of hire and every two (2) years thereafter; and an annual TB test. Attend all meetings and training as required. Adhere to all plans, policies and procedures of Bona Vista Programs, Inc. and Early Head Start.
- Must be able to move and play with small children indoors and outdoors, including routine task such as diaper changing and feeding.
- Must be capable of attending local and out of state training as requested.
- Infant Toddler CDA or ability to obtain CDA within one year after hire.
- High School Diploma/GED Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills. Bilingual in English/Spanish favorable.
- Experience in word processing/computers is preferred. Must have or be able to obtain CPR certification annually and First Aid certification every three years. Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must be able to hold and move small children weighing 5-50 pounds.