- - Therapies
- Kokomo, IN, USA
- Full Time/Part Time
Provide physical therapy evaluation and treatment to preschoolers, outpatients, and First Steps patients in approved counties, as well as prepare and maintain records and reports pertaining to patient evaluations and plans of treatments.
- Conduct physical therapy evaluations and continued therapy services in a timely manner for individuals referred for physical therapy by physicians.
- Participate in diagnostic evaluations and staffings as indicated regarding placement in program and recommend therapy based on evaluation.
- Conduct re-evaluation of therapy goals on regular basis as recommended.
- Analyze evaluation results, problem solve, and make decisions and recommendations regarding appropriate treatment.
- Schedule individual and group therapy sessions according to individual needs and prepare individualized educational plans for patients receiving physical therapy.
- Participates in division staff meetings and staffings.
- Provide guidance to Physical Therapy Assistant(s) and give input to coordinator for annual performance evaluation.
- Maintain flexibility to work at other therapy department locations.
- Operate all therapy equipment according to manufacturer and department guidelines.
- After one year of therapist experience, supervise physical therapy students and coordinate and supervise physical therapy volunteers as assigned. Maintain records on students and volunteers in physical therapy services.
- Create, provide or suggest instructional materials/methods for teachers.
- Plan and conduct special education programs related to physical therapy for staff, Board of Directors, and the community upon request.
- Effectively communicate with families, physicians and/or other agencies, as pertinent, in a timely fashion regarding suggestions, methods, problems, or changes concerning individuals receiving therapy.
- Prepare reports of evaluations, re-evaluations and staffings. Prepare other reports relative to physical therapy.
- Maintain accurate records of services provided for statistical and billing purposes.
- Prepare monthly physicians' plan of treatments and maintain regular progress reports on individuals receiving physical therapy.
- Assist with IEP and IFSP development.
- Must have full physical dexterity and agility or be able to independently position self and perform all movements required for effective treatment of each individual.
- Physical activities may include but not limited to: frequent bending, kneeling, reaching, and squatting. Depending on person served, must be able to carry, lift, push or pull 25-50 pounds routinely with occasional lifting of up to 100 pounds utilizing appropriate body mechanic techniques and/or equipment provided.
- Adhere to policies and procedures of the department and agency.
- Assist in providing a safe environment for all patients and staff.
- Assist with problem solving to improve efficiency within division.
- Portray a positive attitude that maintains a customer and co-worker satisfaction level that limits adverse situations or complaints.
- Promote agency philosophies, generating team spirit and creating and maintaining an environment that fosters employee satisfaction and maximizes productivity and profitability.
- Attend meetings and training as requested.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in physical therapy required. Must be a currently licensed physical therapist in the State of Indiana.
- Must possess or be capable of obtaining CPR and first aid certification annually and perform as necessary.
- Must possess excellent communication skills both written and oral.
- Must possess a customer service personality and have the ability to establish and maintain rapport with staff and patients.
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media
Share This Page