Speech Pathologist First Steps
- - Therapies
- Kokomo, IN, USA
Provide speech and language treatment for homebound patients utilizing the First Steps Programs.
- Schedule First Steps therapy sessions according to individual needs and conduct therapy as indicated by IFSP.
- Analyze evaluation results, problem solve, and make decisions and recommendations regarding appropriate treatment.
- Effectively communicate with and assist team in a timely fashion, regarding pertinent problems or changes noted in an individual.
- Prepare reports per First Steps regulations.
- Maintain accurate and timely records of services provided for statistical and billing purposes.
- Maintain current progress notes.
- Assist with IFSP development.
- Participate in division and agency meetings as requested.
- Communicate openly and cooperate in a flexible manner with all staff to ensure quality of service.
- Assist in problem solving to improve efficiency within the division.
- Must have full physical dexterity and agility or be able to independently position self and perform all movements required for effective treatment of each individual.
- Physical activities may include but not limited to: frequent bending, kneeling, reaching, and squatting. Depending on person served, must be able to carry, lift, push or pull 25-50 pounds.
- Adhere to policies regarding all duties and communicate effectively with supervisor concerning priorities.
- Portray a positive attitude that maintains a customer and co-worker satisfaction level that limits adverse situations or complaints.
- Promote agency philosophies, generating team spirit and creating and maintaining an environment that fosters employee satisfaction, maximizes productivity and profitability.
- Attend/request related training as authorized.
- Must have at least a Master's degree in speech and language therapy.
- Must be licensed or in the process of applying for licensure by the Indiana Board of Examiners in Speech Pathology and Audiology.
- Must be ready to complete or have completed the Clinical Fellowship Year or have at least applied for the Certificate of Clinical Competence from ASHA.
- Must possess a customer service personality and have the ability to establish and maintain rapport with staff and patients.
- Must possess or be capable of obtaining CPR and first aid certification annually and perform as necessary.
- Must possess drivers license
Bona Vista Programs https://bonavista.hirecentric.com
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media
Share This Page