- - Nursing
- Kokomo, IN, USA
Provide health, programming, and limited medical services to persons receiving services at Bona Vista Programs, Inc.
- Dispense daily medications according to physician's prescription to those individuals who are not able to take medicine independently.
- Process information received concerning preschool admissions and communicate with staff and parents, as needed.
- Participate in intake staffings for all individuals beginning the Vocational Programs as deemed necessary.
- Provide first aid to individuals served and staff when necessary.
- Perform T.B. testing and provide Hepatitis B vaccine and flu shots when directed.
- Cooperatively coordinate nursing activities/schedule with other agency nursing staff.
- Assist with adherence of infection control policies and procedures by all individuals served, staff, and interns/trainees.
- Analyze illness/medical complaints or concerns, problem-solve and make recommendations according to individuals needs.
- Must be physically capable of assisting with bathrooming of individuals served, transferring clients, lifting up to 50 lbs without assistance, using a lifting device, standing, bending, and performing medical duties.
- Attend person served meetings as appropriate.
- Adhere to all agency policies and procedures.
- Promote and provide a safe environment for all individuals served.
- Portray a positive attitude that maintains a customer and co-worker satisfaction level that limits adverse situations or complaints.
- Promote agency philosophies, generating team spirit and creating and maintaining an environment that fosters employee satisfaction, maximizes productivity and profitability.
- Attend/request related training as authorized.
- Registered nurse or LPN with rehabilitation experience preferred.
- Must maintain certification in T.B. testing administration.
- Must have or be capable of receiving CPR and First Aide certification annually.
- Must have good communication skills both oral and written.
- Maintain a valid Indiana driver's license, insurance on personal vehicle (minimum of PLPD with Medical liability coverage), and maintain insurability as defined by the agency liability insurance carrier.
- Must possess and maintain reliable transportation that meets state requirements for transporting persons served.
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
Bona Vista Programs https://bonavista.hirecentric.com